Don't see any link between this colourful bird and France, even if he symbolizes my country....
I always like to look at them, walking so proudly among his Court !
Rooster - Gallus gallus domesticus - Coq
And how funny is it to read the different written versions of his song according to the country where you live:
- in Breton: Kokokog et Kekele !
- in German: Kikeriki !
- in English: Cock-a-doodle-do !
- in Spanish: Quiquiriquí !
- in Irish: Mac na hóighe slán !
- in Italian: Chicchirichi !
- in Japanese: Kokekoko !
- in Dutch: Kukeleku !
- in Portuguese: Cocorococo!
- in Russian: Coucarékou !
- in Swedish: Kuckeliku!
- in Thaï: Ake-e-ake-ake !
- in Arabic: Kokouukuuu !
- in Icelandic: Gaggalagaggalagó !
- in Greek: Coucouricou !
- in Chinese: Co Co Co !
The question is: do you really hear what you read above?
For what concerns France, yes! " Cocorico" is indeed what I hear when a rooster sings in the neighbourhood!
You will find the original painting of this feathered specimen in my shop as soon as tomorrow! ( Let you guide by the Pangolin...)