Friday, 2 August 2013

July Reading

During the last month I have a good deal of time for reading and for my holidays I took with the folllowing 5 books:


"La maison sur le rivage" or "The House on the Strand", by Daphné Du Maurier

A strange story which makes travelling the reader between the present and the past. The main protagonist willing to help his friend, lives an experiment which will turn upside down his personal life. I was not at all deceived by Daphné Du Maurier who always keeps alive my interest.


"L'île des oubliés" or "The Island", by Victoria Hislop

A new author for me. My sister-in-law lent it to me in the beginning of July, and I am very grateful because I had a great pleasure to read it. The subject is very sad and hard because it deals with leprosy and how it has affected a family through generations. I entered very rapidly into the story. Another world which is worth to be known really.


"Ulysse Moore: La ville cachée" or "Ulysses Moore, La Città Nascota", by Pierdomenico Baccalario

It is the seventh  part of the series. At the beginning I read it to enlarge the reading of Arwenn, my daughter, and with the time I finished to read it for me. The story relates the adventures of three teenagers who discovered a secret. I was captivated by the attention with which the author presents the book itself with beautiful illustrations and other noticeable details.



"Ashworth Hall" by Anne Perry
A new criminal investigation  in the English Victorian Upperclass with in the background the very delicate Irish question.


"L'hiver du monde" or " Winter in the world", by Ken Follett
The suite of the novel I presented last month, but this time it takes place during the WW2.  It refreshes my historical knowledge and reminds me the luck we have to live today and not at that period. A good book which manages to catch my interest until the last page ( about 1000 !). The next book will be printed fo. 2014, and I already know I will read it!


And what about You? Which books would you like to advise me for my next readings?

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Because I had more tima than usual for reading!

      Delete