Thursday, 8 December 2011

Another Day

The eightth House is the center of my children's attention today:




And I was really surprised to hear them guessing immediatly the name of the craftman ("the Chimney Sweep" or "Ramoneur" in French, without the picture you can see there!
This picture was a good opportunity to speak about the employment of children and more over that in the past young children living in our region( "la Savoie") came down from their village in the mountain to the town during winter to do this job....I hope that they went to school this afternoon with the thought in their head that they are better in school than at work ! (I'm not sure of that in fact!!)





Sorry for the low quality of my pictures in the dark...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Sabine, your little houses are just beautiful and the fact that you're explaining to your children how difficult life was for others, will make them understand and be grateful for the opportunities they have. I also try to do this as much as I can, so my kids can appreciate and value having education, food, a warm bed every night, etc...
    Congratulations again! what a great project!

    ReplyDelete